Ch 2 Half Truths

Go down

Ch 2 Half Truths

Post  Petey on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:49 pm

“DAD!!!!” A boy about the age of 21 suddenly called out. “Has my military papers come yet?” He was wondering why he hasn’t had a drill in almost a month and a half. He looked around his room to see if his father had placed it in his room without telling him and he just missed it. After glancing around his room once quickly and not seeing it, he went to find his father. He decided to start in his fathers room since that was usually where he could be found. He walked down the hall to his fathers room and looking in the door. He noticed that his father was occupied by a small picture that looked like it had been torn at one point. The boy gently knocked on his fathers door as to not disturb a lot while he was lost in though but loud enough that his father would hear it. The boy’s father looked up from the picture then suddenly hid the picture like the boy wasn’t to see it. The boy noticed the movement and decided that he would take a look at that picture when his father wasn’t home.

“Nick, did you want something?” his father asked after the picture was secured away. “I thought I heard you calling a little while ago.”

“Yea dad, I was wondering if you had seen the paper that said when my next drill is.”

“Oh yeah, it came in the mail today. It should be down on the kitchen table. I think that’s where I left it. If its not there you’ll have to go searching for it.”

“OK. I’ll go look then. I’ve been waiting for it to show up. Its been a month and a half since my last drill.” Nick nodded to his father and left the doorway. He walked half way down the hall before he was at the stairs. He touched the railing on the stairs and got a feeling like this drill was going to be one that he would never forget. Nick hurried down the stairs and turned left when he reached the bottom. He headed towards the kitchen but when he got there a dream he had three years ago suddenly reappeared, clouding his vision.

Last edited by Petey on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Petey
Petey
Admin

View user profile http://storyworld.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Ch 2 Half Truths

Post  Petey on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Nick was walking through town and everyone was bowing to him. He looked at his clothes and saw that he was wearing a robe that symbolized royalty. Before Nick had time to figure out why he was dressed that way, a girl about two or three years younger than him called his name. “Nick. Mother is going to be really upset again if you are late to dinner and where did you come from? I have been looking for you everywhere.” The girl paused to let Nick speak but he couldn’t think of anything to say. The girl saw the look on his face then continued, “Its ok if you don’t want to tell me since it truly is none of my business what my older brother does. But for once you could tell Mother when she asks. Its rude to keep information from the queen especially when she asks for it.” Nick now put his full attention into what the girl was saying instead of his surrounding. The girl, his sister he supposed, suddenly said, “OK enough chit-chat. Come along your not going to ruin dinner tonight with a late presence like you usually do. Mother says an important head of state will be there-“

Suddenly, Nick was back to looking into his fathers kitchen. He couldn’t remember why he wanted in the kitchen so he turned around and saw his father walking towards him. “Did you find your mail?”

Nick had been so lost in though, he barely heard his father. “No, I wasn’t looking for it. Was I?”

“Nicky what has gotten into you lately? Its like you have started living on a different world or something.”

“I’m sorry dad. I promise to be more on this planet again.” Nick wondered what was up with his father since he hasn’t called him Nicky since he was five or six. The more Nick thought about it, the more the strange picture made more sense to who it was a picture of. Nick remembered asking his father about his mother when he was five or six. That night Nick had seen his father looking at a mysterious picture that was in a frame like that one from earlier in the day. Nick decided that bringing up that memory might make his father lose it like he did when Nick was two or three. About the time mom left us. Nick though to himself. Wonder what else he is hiding from me. I wish one of these days I find something out about mom. I’d really like to know why she split from us like that. Sure I was too little to understand at the time but I’m 21 now and I have a right to know. Nick looked around for his mail and sure enough it was in the kitchen like his father said it would be but to Nick’s surprise the mail was actually put away where it belongs. Dad never puts the mail where it goes that why we can never find it. Now I know something is up Nick didn’t want to think about that anymore since it only leads to more questions that can’t be answered since Nick was sure that everything had something to do with his mother.
Petey
Petey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Petey on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:51 pm

Nick took his mail up to his room to read it. He paused for a second outside his fathers room and listened to see if he could hear his father sobbing before continuing on to his room. To Nick’s surprise, his father wasn’t sobbing instead he was laughing. Nick took a peek into his fathers room and saw that he was on the phone. Nick heard his father says, “Nicky has a right to know the truth Jasmine as he is in his 20s now………….I don’t care about Nathan finding out, he isn’t my kid…………I only have one kid and that is………… What do you mean I have three kids…………What happened to this girl then……..I thought you said you would never do that with any of your kids……………….Twins?……………So you have a daughter, supposedly with me, and she is Nathan’s twin sister…………………….OK we will continue to discuss this later, I hear Nicky outside my bedroom………………No I’m not going to tell him anything, that is for you to do not me……………..OK Jasmine I will speak to you tomorrow then………bye.” Nick ran into his father’s room as soon as he heard him hang up the phone.

The first thing out of Nick’s mouth was “What am I supposed to know? What are you hiding from me?”

There was a look of shock on Nick’s fathers face. “How much did you hear Nicholas James Heartstead.”

“Enough, James Nathan Heartstead, to know you have been hiding things from me my whole life and the lies need to stop now. If you and that Jasmine person can talk about me like that then you can surely tell me instead of having Jasmine tell me. “ Nick was really ticked at his father for hiding anything from him.

“Nicholas James Heartstead I will not be spoken to in that tone of voice for any reason. I am your father and deserve the respect I am due -”

“How can I respect someone who had lied to me for 21 years -”

“- It was 18 years not 21 -”

“- Who cares the point is you shouldn’t be hiding anything. I am your son not some homeless person you took in. If its as important as you made it seem to Jasmine then you have to tell me.”

“It is not my secret to tell you but I can tell you some about your mother now that I am strong enough emotionally to do so. I beg you to not interrupt me until I am done. You own me at least that much respect.” Nick nodded to his father. “The reason your mother left had nothing to do with you or I. Your mother’s parents denied her, her birth rights when she married me. Your mother could live with that until we found out her brother had died overseas in a war and her sister couldn’t produce any children. Your mother left us to claim her birth right and to do so she had to marry someone her parents picked out. Your mother was five months pregnant when she left. That I did not know until this evening. Yes Jasmine is your mother and she loves you. I was supposed to tell you this when you were 13 but I couldn’t do it and I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier. Your mother had it all planned out. By the time it was for you to claim your birth right you were to know everything but when I couldn’t tell you when you were 13 that threw everything out of the time limit so even if she does tell you, you wont have a chance to accept it as the truth until its too late. As you mothers oldest child you have to accept your birth right by your 22 birthday. Your mother really wanted you to follow in her footsteps one day. That’s why we named you Nicholas after your grandfather. That is the only way that your grandparents would allow you to claim your birth right. OK now you can interrupt me.”
Petey
Petey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Petey on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:51 pm

“What is this birth right you kept mentioning in that speech of yours?”

“First off it wasn’t a speech and second your mother has to tell you that since it is her secret and not mine.”

“Well, when did she say that she was going to tell me.”

“She didn’t, Nicky. She told me that she and I would talk more about it tomorrow when your not standing outside my door.”

“Is she who is in the picture you were looking at when I walked in earlier?”

“Yes, she is who was in that picture. Sorry I didn’t tell you that before when you asked me when you were so little. I just couldn‘t bear to tell you that before.”
Petey
Petey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down